Gateway Sports Cars
We absolutely want you to sign up and join us on the board . Only actual or prospective members will be invited to the drives however. I just want you to keep that in mind, thanks Very Happy

Ralph Longo

August 14th 2011 Drive

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will you be attending?

50% 50% 
[ 3 ]
50% 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Re: August 14th 2011 Drive

Post  Ralph Longo on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There are the documents confirming reservations for the Capitol tour and 3 pictures that were taken on the pre-run. It will be a great time and they are out of session so the place is almost empty which gives a great perspective of the building itself. I look forward to seeing those of you who can make it Very Happy

Ralph Longo
Admin

View user profile http://gatewaysportscars.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Cruise on 14th

Post  tony.elkin on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 am

Well I just found out that I will be in a Conference from the 10th to the 14th.
So, unless I can get out of there very early on the 14th I won't able to make it
tony.elkin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tony.elkin on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:58 am

Nevermind. I guess I am going to skip out and come back on Fri.
So, I should be able to go.
tony.elkin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JRSTANGE on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Still pending the time this week to see about getting my knew knock sensor in. Hopefully this will make the odd knock I'm seeing go away when I'm shouldn't be knocking based on logs and a/f's. I'll keep people up to date on my attendance.
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralph Longo on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 am

JRSTANGE wrote:Still pending the time this week to see about getting my knew knock sensor in. Hopefully this will make the odd knock I'm seeing go away when I'm shouldn't be knocking based on logs and a/f's. I'll keep people up to date on my attendance.
I hope you can, it looks like we're going to have a small turnout, those are usually the best drives and most fun Very Happy

Ralph Longo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tony.elkin on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Well, don't think my car will be done, however I will be riding shotgun in my neighbors car.
He has a Porsche 944.
tony.elkin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralph Longo on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 pm

I just screwed up and sent a detailed message to ALL of the forum members. Oh well I'm a tard Mad

Ralph Longo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JRSTANGE on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Looks like I'm going to make it. I printed off the email on the cruise etc... and have a map to the meeting place.

I got the knock sensor replaced yesterday and am just inspecting the brakes at this point. Stupid cheap pads are on there now and I hate them. Some sticking 21 year old calipers chewed through my ceramic pads. So, I just like to keep an eye on them as well they make noises when they get hot for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the pad or the new hardware. Figure better safe than sorry. Otherwise I need to get an alignment for just the passenger front tire or see about adjusting it my self since I made the camber right. I figure doing it my self would be easy since I'm just adjusting the toe on it as it needs to come air just a bit.

See everyone there!
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JRSTANGE on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Tennessee Steinmetz wrote:Well, at least I now have a deadline for getting the Mitsu off jackstands...

Is it done? I hope to see the Evo again. As well I don't have the Turbo Saturn anymore. Smile I'm a Mitsu owner now. Smile Was gonna ask you also if you planned on going to MOD?
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralph Longo on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 pm

That's awesome to hear Jason! I just changed my front rotors and pads last week. The rotors some pretty cross drilled and slotted ones and the pads are ceramic. I got the rears at the same time, but I'll probably be lazy and wait for those to go on, the rears are ok right now.

Sadly for Andy, he won't be able to make it to this one, hopefully next months Question

Ralph Longo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JRSTANGE on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Yup, I'm excited! I'll finish the gsx up after work friday and go for a test drive. Eitherway I expect to see improvements.
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  e-dub on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Have fun, sounds like it will be a blast. I can't make it Sad , but will be at the next one for sure. Take some good pic's.
-E
e-dub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JRSTANGE on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm ready to go. Got the boost up as well to about 13-14psi. I have room to go but, I tried to get out early this morning to get some third gear pulls in and review data logs and it seems I didnt get out soon anough as traffic started getting thick. Oh well, no big deal I'll just be happy to be driving it. Paige my 6 year old also helped me wash the car and get it ready. I'll bring a camera as well but, I dont suppose I'll get many pictures during the drive. But, I'll make sure to get some when we meet and get to our destination.
I have some minor tools packed, oil and extra alternator belt. Just need to grab the camera in the morning and datalogger and meet everyone. If I get out on time I should be in st. peters by 9:30am and ready to go at 10am. I have a full tank of gas at the moment, I just need to get a soda and smokes for the drive and I'm good. Very Happy
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralph Longo on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:29 pm

I still have to do some stuff to my car still, nothing major though. Sara will be in my passenger seat taking pictures so we'll get some on the drive Very Happy

Ralph Longo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Steinmetz on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:35 pm

JRSTANGE wrote:
Tennessee Steinmetz wrote:Well, at least I now have a deadline for getting the Mitsu off jackstands...

Is it done? I hope to see the Evo again. As well I don't have the Turbo Saturn anymore. Smile I'm a Mitsu owner now. Smile Was gonna ask you also if you planned on going to MOD?

I have mixed emotions about the Saturn not being around anymore... Welcome to the world of Mitsu and the special miseries they can bring.

And no, the Evo is still on jackstands. It will go up for sale as soon as it comes off them. I have just lost interest in it. It runs great, runs HARD! Handles like a dream...it just does everything too well. There is no way to probe it's limits on fun drives. To do anything more on the streets is just too insane. Ralph, I know, understands after this weekend.
Tennessee Steinmetz

Location : Past the speedshop, garage, two bodyshops, and fire-brimstone-damnation church...on the right

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2