Gateway Sports Cars
We absolutely want you to sign up and join us on the board . Only actual or prospective members will be invited to the drives however. I just want you to keep that in mind, thanks Very Happy

Ralph Longo

1990 Eclipse GSX

Go down

1990 Eclipse GSX

Post  JRSTANGE on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Well, it's been a while since I've seen or spoken to some of you. Figured I'd updat the neews. As of last August I decided to pick up a new car. The funds for this car cam from parting out peice by peice from the old turbo saturn. I picked it up for about $1200 bucks not running but, everything was there and needed some TLC.

Prior owner wasn't car savy and thought the car had skipped timing. However, upon rebuilding and replacing nearly everything I found the iss was a bad coolant temp sensor and not any bent valves etc... as the prior owner thought.

Currently I'm waiting on my eprom ecm. Once I've gotten it I'll have it socketed and burned for my setup. Of course this will only be a temporaty deal and is a stepping stone to going with a dsmlink from ECMtuning.com.

Below is most everything I have done to the car at this point: I have a few things left like redoing the headliner, charging the a/c system and painting the wiper arms and cowl.

you can find some pictures here although they are not current. I'll see about updating things. Been busy working and taking care of the family and both my girls. Therefore the toy has taken a year to get to this point. I've probably driven it a little over 2k miles since I got it running in September 2010.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3867390/1990-mitsubishi-eclipse/page-1

Halfs shafts

Lower control arms

Ball joins

Bushings

Sway bar end links

kyb struts

megan 2" lowering springs

Motegi 17x7inch wheels with 215 50 17 tires

Strut tower bars

New calipers

New radiator hoses

Dual core aluminum radiator

New clutch/Throw out bearing

Fresh clutch slave cylinder fluid

Drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads

Short throw shifter with carbon fiber shift ball

Radio/cd/dvd/bluetooth with new component speakers with a alpine type r 10" sub and alpine amp

Innovate wideband o2 sensor and gauge plus heat sink

Boost gauge

Oil pressure gauge

Coolant temp gauge

2 gauge pillar pod

2 gauge vent pod

Turbo timer

replaced door/window trims and seals and back hatch cover

head gasket

head studs

2nd gen turbo manifold

Exhaust manifold heatshield replaced

tdo6h super 20g turbo

Oil feed and drain lines/Fittings for the turbo

Greddy Profec type-s electronic boost controller

3" turbo o2 housing

3" down pipe

3" test pipe (catless)

3" cat back exhaust

front mount intercooler

EGR Block off

Intercooler piping with couplers and t-bolt clamps

2G Throttle body elbow

hks ssqv blow off valve

All new vacuum lines with all emissions items as egr etc.... deleted.

new valve cover bolts.

black power coated valve cover

new valve cover gasket

dsm polished oil cap

stainless steal polished manifold heat shield

stainless steal polish dsm sprak plug wire cover

Mobile oil 10W30 with new filter

synchromesh transmission fluid

new transfer case fluid

new rear diff fluid with the LSD additive

Fresh coolant

new spark plugs, NKG-R's

Spark plug galley cover.

Adjustable fuel pressure regulator and proper fittings.

Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Fuel filler cap

Fuel Filter

Timing belt Gates blue racing belt

Balancer belt

Timing pulleys

Timing tensioner

Water pump

Alternator and power sterring belts

14" slime line fan

New coolant temp sensor

Cams replaced with fresh stockers

New cam seals

New crank seal

Moddified the dejon intake to fit with the new turbo and intercooler piping

2nd Gen intake and Maf sensor with pigtail

550cc Fuel injectors

New Blow off valve recirc hose

New 180* thermostat

New thermostat cap

New strut mounts

All new exhaust gaskets from the head back

New fuel filter

New windshield wipers front and rear

New windshield wiper arms for the front

Fresh power sterring fluid and seals

New alternator

PALM Datalogger/MMCD
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1990 Eclipse GSX

Post  Ralph Longo on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:03 am

I see that once you had parts you could buy, you went a little overboard Laughing

Did you see all of your pictures of the car show I loaded on the webpage, it took FOREVER Very Happy

Ralph Longo
Admin

View user profile http://gatewaysportscars.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JRSTANGE on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:45 pm

LOL! I sure did, having after market rocks! Saves so much time making parts my self etc... Plus with dozens of after market companys making parts the prices of them are cheap as well. Yeah I took alot of pics from that show. LOL! Ironic I was looking at the car show pics shortly before GSCC started coming back. I posted these pics in another thread but, for now. I have hundres and hundreds of pictures of it during the build process but, posting those could get out of control. So these will have to do.

JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Build

Post  tony.elkin on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Nice. Want to see it in person.
Keep us updated.
tony.elkin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JRSTANGE on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Yeah can't wait to get it out. I'm waiting to put in a new knock sensor and a fuel pump rewire kit. I'm also having the new E-prom ECM sent off tomorrow to be socket for future dsmlink if and when I get one. For now I'm doing a e-prom relash with my current set up for the 2g maf, 550cc injectors, stock boost to knock, launch control and maybe some other goodies if i can have it done. Once I get it back I have to do some major datalogging and send the chip back off for fuel and timing map changes. Once I get it back it should all be done other than little things like the headliner etc...

Hopefully if money allows this sumemr I'll respray the under body and tint the windows. The following summer I hope to have enough money for paint supplies as a friend will paint it for free. I'll mainly just be getting the dent out of the hood, painting the bumpers and spoiler and other misc faded trim peices.

I dont have many plans past that. I'd like to see a 12 sec pass and 300awhp or more. Depending on how tuning goes and boost levels I may see closer to 350+awhp. If I run out of fuel I'll have to go through the reflash thing when I get bigger injectors.

Blah, Blah, Blah.... Time for bed.
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralph Longo on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 pm

There is now a gallery section on the boards. If you can figure out how to post there you can upload until it tells you you can't anymore Laughing

Ralph Longo
Admin

View user profile http://gatewaysportscars.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JRSTANGE on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:24 pm

well, add to the list a new knock sensor, ceramic brake pads, boost leak tested to death, 3g revised lifters and a dsm link on the way wednesday.

I was hoping the knock sensor and lifters would help with knock but, appearantly not. So, rather than tuning with burned eprom chips I'm and living with the down time of sending it off every time. I'm going to get the link and truely be able to tune. Can't wait. Should be solid be sept 24th for mod.
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JRSTANGE on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:06 am

Been a while forgot to update this.

Well I picked up a ECMLink a while back and finally have a solid tune on 15psi. Launch control is nice to say the last. I'm staying away from anti lag until I get an act clutch and possibly a 4 bolt rear end. That might be some time though.

Down side is I maxed out the 550's on 15psi and am aiming for 20 psi. 650's would get me there but, I'd like to go with 850's or larger and see about maybe switching over to e85 instead. I figure I should see close to 325-350awhp on 20psi but, with e85 I could likely see 400awhp or close to on 20psi. I very may run more boost pending a boost gauge that shows more then 20psi.

Otherwise I need to replace the clutch mast cylinder. I plan on going with a ss clutch line and brake lines as well. I have alot of other things I want to do but, money just isnt there with people changing thier minds on having thier cars fixed for me to be able to do those plans.

So for the moment I'm pending work on some cars, tax returns and a work bonus. But, taxes and bonus wouldnt likely be until april-ish. I have the dsm dyno day late march early april. So I hope I can pull everything off.
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down