Gateway Sports Cars
We absolutely want you to sign up and join us on the board . Only actual or prospective members will be invited to the drives however. I just want you to keep that in mind, thanks Very Happy

Ralph Longo

Sept 11th- Charleville Winery Update 9-4

Go down

Sept 11th- Charleville Winery Update 9-4

Post  Ralph Longo on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:44 am

Please read the last post, this drive will not happen in any way like it is laid out here but I will not delete this posting. I will start another post for it.

To see the Maps here on the forum you must go into your profile, click on preferences, then towards the bottom click yes on "Always allow HTML :"

We're headed down to Ste. Genevieve, MO on this tenth anniversary of the world trade center attacks. We'll meet at Mcdonald's at 141 and 30 ( New Smizer and Gravois) and leave at noon. This will be a stellar drive of about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and where as I am absolutely positive this route will change at least a little, the roads down there in that area look spectacular Twisted Evil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Ralph Longo on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Ralph Longo
Admin

View user profile http://gatewaysportscars.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

SEP cruise

Post  tony.elkin on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:35 am

Looks like fun to me. Very Happy
tony.elkin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cruise

Post  tony.elkin on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:18 pm

I won't be able to go to this one.
I have to go to Poplar Bluff that weekend with the Guard.
Normally, drill is 1st weekend of month, but since that
weekend is a holiday...
tony.elkin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sept 11th- Charleville Winery Update 9-4

Post  Tennessee Steinmetz on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:04 am

I will be in Boston...I will eat an innocent lobster in your honor, however. All lobsters must be consumed! With butter! And fish cakes! And maybe some chowder! Definitely butter! bounce

I have purchased a 1969 351w 4v engine for the project. It most likely will get bored and stroked to 393 and be a streetable 400 to 450hp...Vrrooommm!
Tennessee Steinmetz

Location : Past the speedshop, garage, two bodyshops, and fire-brimstone-damnation church...on the right

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tony.elkin on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:21 am

Tennessee Steinmetz wrote:I will be in Boston...I will eat an innocent lobster in your honor, however. All lobsters must be consumed! With butter! And fish cakes! And maybe some chowder! Definitely butter! bounce

I have purchased a 1969 351w 4v engine for the project. It most likely will get bored and stroked to 393 and be a streetable 400 to 450hp...Vrrooommm!

Sweet, you cant beat the sound of old skool muscle.
tony.elkin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Steinmetz on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:32 am

Yeah...I've always had sub 3.5l displacement engines in my playthings. I figured I would try something new. This HP in a package that will be just a tick over 2200# ought to be a hoot-and-a-half. Gobs of instant torque...I think I need a tissue.

The bad about this is it will be a very long drought until this project is drivable. I will probably crack and become a catatonic drooler before this is over.
Tennessee Steinmetz

Location : Past the speedshop, garage, two bodyshops, and fire-brimstone-damnation church...on the right

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralph Longo on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:41 am

I thought you already did that? Laughing

Ralph Longo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Steinmetz on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Only with a plate of crack-cakes in front of me.
Tennessee Steinmetz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralph Longo on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 am

Oh boy, ummm... Yesterday I did the pre run and Charleville winery was my favorite by far of the three directly on that road (Crown Valley, Chaumette, and Charleville.) They had a great atmosphere that was laid back and 5 free tastings before having to pay 5 dollars more for another 5 if you wanted them. They have both a micro brewery and a winery on site with tastings of both types products, including my personal favorite, a root beer Laughing It's much smaller than the other two, but was far more mentally comfortable because of that. It had a little bit of "southern charm" vs commercial or stuffy of the other two, which I loved too. I HIGHLY suggest you visit this winery at some point which brings me to the bad part.

We'll never be able to go here on a club drive. Sara and I took Sara's car yesterday due to the heat and she has A/C, it is just a stock Camry with a standard ride height. Leading up to the winery is a VERY long drive up a very uneven gravel road which I was certain had we been in my car, we would have been stuck several times due to clearance issues.

Which was not the worst part of the day however, the drive I had laid out was. What a nightmare, tons of turning off one road to get on another with only short stints in between. One point we had a road turn into gravel, there is also a subdivision in the way. The whole drive was loaded with residence also, so there is no real safe place to open it up.

I don't have the money to do another "pre run" to Ste. Gen before next Sunday, so I'll try to figure out something closer in the next couple of days we can drive to (it was about $40 worth of fuel from St. Peters and back.) If I can't do it fast, I will have to come up with a plan B to my plan B Very Happy

Ralph Longo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down