Gateway Sports Cars
We absolutely want you to sign up and join us on the board . Only actual or prospective members will be invited to the drives however. I just want you to keep that in mind, thanks Very Happy

Ralph Longo

my free car

Go down

my free car

Post  jdmser on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 pm

My son's guitar teach had been talking to me about this 91' Civic he had. He was driving it to his girlfriend's mom's house when it started making "head noises". He parked it there and after sitting for a while decided just to give it away. He called me up last week and asked if I could come get it. I was totally expecting a rusted out hatch but, when we got there this was waiting for me.

I was able to put a jump box on it and get it running. I head noise, it's missing the number 3 spark plug. I'm going to use it as a shop car once I get it fix. I'm not sure if the spark plug hole is stripped or not yet.

jdmser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my free car

Post  JRSTANGE on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Would be a nice beater a to b car for sure. Not bad in the winter maybe either.
JRSTANGE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jdmser on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:25 am

Well, it turned that all it needed was a spark plug. So I gave it back to him. He had given it to me under the premiss that it was terminally broke and he couldn't afford the repair. Every mechanic he had talk to about it kept telling him it would be at least 2k to fix because spark plugs always strip the hole when they come out like that.

jdmser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralph Longo on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:31 pm

That was nice of you, good will eventually pays off, I hope Laughing

How's the sx coming along?

P.S. No idea how I missed your other posts, I promise I'm not ignoring you Very Happy

Ralph Longo
Admin

View user profile http://gatewaysportscars.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  jdmser on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Slowly, I've been dumping most of my money back into the shop. However, the last three months have been pretty good and if business keeps going the way it is I'm going to start back up on it soon.

jdmser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tony.elkin on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:37 am

jdmser wrote:Well, it turned that all it needed was a spark plug. So I gave it back to him. He had given it to me under the premiss that it was terminally broke and he couldn't afford the repair. Every mechanic he had talk to about it kept telling him it would be at least 2k to fix because spark plugs always strip the hole when they come out like that.

Some mechanics are ripoffs.

Glad to hear you gave it back.
tony.elkin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ralph Longo on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:41 am

jdmser wrote:Slowly, I've been dumping most of my money back into the shop. However, the last three months have been pretty good and if business keeps going the way it is I'm going to start back up on it soon.
I look at it now as, the more tools I have the more I can do myself, so I get that totally. You should totally put some pics of the shop up!

Ralph Longo
Admin

View user profile http://gatewaysportscars.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down